EFFECTIVE WASTE MANAGEMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MSME TANNING COMPANIES IN THE KOLKATA LEATHER CLUSTER
The project is relevant to the theme of Waste Management and complies with the Global Objective in relation to: Inclusive Sustainable Growth; Economic Prosperity and Poverty Reduction; and Green Economy and Transition Towards a Low-Carbon, Resource-Efficient and Circular Economy.
The proposed action in the cluster is designed to promote sustainable production practices in the highly polluting tanning sector, and to create an enabling environment for efficient and effective public-private collaboration by establishing a round table / platform.
Best practices and available tecniques on environmental impact reduction, thanks to technology which helps reducing the production of waste over the leather productive chain
Best practices and available tecniques on secondary raw-material utilisation, promoting the circularity of tanning auxiliares, thanks to examples already implemented in the Italian industrial cluster scene.
- Enhanced competitiveness through compliance with international market standards and reduction of production costs.
- Better effluent and solid waste management leading to opportunities for further growth.
- For employees: Reduced health and safety hazards
- Reduced public health risks and environmental hazards
- More sustainable production practices, improved technical capacities and access to finance;